- This programme has passed.
Restorative Approaches: The Art of Building Strong Teaching and Learning Relationships
A highly interactive, practical workshop introducing and exploring the philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of restorative practices and how this can support Holistic Learning, the connections with practice in our schools and innovative ways of applying restorative approaches across our school community.
- Comprehend the Social Discipline Window and its impact on themselves as leaders of learning as well as the impact on the learning culture and their learners
- Identify a range of Restorative Practices and Strategies and how these strategies support
holistic learning and authentic learning environments
- Use the ‘Connection before correction’ model to grow strong learning connections
- Hold a restorative conversation with learners to repair the learning relationship
- Use the Archway of practice to analysis practice and maintain robust authenticity
Greg is an educational consultant working across the educational sector throughout New Zealand and internationally focusing on developing strong teaching and learning relationships through strengthening relational capacity and the use of restorative practices. This includes specific skill training for teachers and students across the continuum of restorative approaches, through to school strategic and leadership development, and whole school change. He is passionate about developing the potential and capability in those he works with, sharing strategies that are practical and real
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues registering.