To help college students cultivate a growth mind-set by teaching about how the brain learns and develops capacity, developing their intelligence through effort and effective strategies. This learning can counteract negative beliefs that hold students back from reaching their potential as learners such as lack of confidence, low expectations and low self-efficacy.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
• Differentiate between a fixed and a growth mindset
• Identify how mindset affects learning and motivation
• Identify strategies to use in the classroom and develop an understanding and importance of psychosocial skills.
• Develop and model perseverance, resiliency, grit, emotional regulation, self-confidence, coping with perceived failure, comfort with intellectual tension and an ability to handle constructive feedback and critique.
• Develop a growth mindset culture that imbibes critical thinking.
Andleen is an internationally experienced educator, trainer and coach from the UK. She is the founder of a boutique consultancy called Mind Nomads which focuses on unlocking the inner journey. She provides training on achieving a growth mindset and delivers workshops on effective communication, personal development and empowerment both in domestic and foreign settings. She is also the lead trainer for the UNHCR-NAWEM Refugee Micro Entrepreneurship Development Programme. She has lived and worked in the UK, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. As a Licensed Master Practitioner of NLP, Andleen provides bespoke coaching sessions for clients ranging from corporate executives to students.
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues registering.