- This event has passed.
Intrinsic Motivation: How to Create a Conducive and Positive Learning Environment
For cognitive and meta cognitive success in students/ trainees when they learn in class or a workshop, physical, pedagogical and psycho-social factors in the learning environment need to be understood and managed by the educator/ trainer in any of these classroom/ lecture/ training environments. One key challenge is how to intrinsically motivate learners/trainees. This workshop will introduce a few key pedagogical theory and underpinnings that can help educators mitigate this aspect and how to combine the different factors affecting the learning environment to motivate learners.
- Identify different aspects of the learning environment (Physical, Pedagogical and Psychosocial)
- Distinguish and differentiate between the extrinsic and intrinsic factors of motivation
- Identify and list the factors that can affect intrinsic motivation for learning
- Analyse and construct strategies to deal with issues of motivation in the classroom
- Choose and appraise the appropriate strategies for different learning scenarios
MOHAMAD RIDWAN OTHMAN
With more than 16 years in the education, eLearning and educational technology industry, Ridwan is both an educator and learning technologist at heart. He has taught in several institutions and he understands the pedagogical and logistical challenges to engage and motivate the learners of today. As a learning designer and learning technologist for more than 15 years, he also knows the technical side of implementing learning tools to enhance learning and teaching. He has trained more than 1000 teachers in K-12, Higher Education and the corporate sector on many aspects of learner-centered pedagogical approaches and on learning technology solutions.
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at email@example.com if you have any issues registering.