We will visit or revisit the list of multiple roles that all teachers need to fulfil. Theories of leadership will be introduced in terms of designating and clarifying roles and responsibilities to all those involved in any social situation. In an educational context this includes students, teachers, discipline leaders and institutional management. A model of teaching involving collaborative leadership will be presented. Key challenges in teaching will be examined from the perspective of this model and possible solutions generated. Participants will have the opportunity to examine their own strengths and challenges in teaching and make decisions about areas for change.
- Visit or revisit the multiple roles involved in teaching
- List key challenges in being a teacher
- Examine a model of teaching involving collaborative leadership
- Take each of the key challenges and note who has responsibility for what in each scenario/situation
- Examine solutions from a leadership perspective for each of these key challenges
- Make some decisions about options for change in their own teaching
PROFESSOR CARMEL MCNAUGHT
Professor Carmel is Emeritus Professor of Learning Enhancement at Centre for Learning Enhancement And Research (CLEAR), Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). She has over 40 years of teaching and research experience in higher education across Australia, Asia, Southern Africa and UK. Her area of research covers chemistry, science education, equity in education, second-language learning, eLearning, higher-education curriculum and policy matters. Carmel is now a higher-education consultant, working globally, in institutional policy, professional development, research support and academic writing.
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at email@example.com if you have any issues registering.