- This programme has passed.
In their introductions, participants will note their role in the organisation. McNay’s (1995) quadrant model of university types – collegium, corporation, bureaucracy and enterprise – will be explored. Participants will map their own institution onto this model. This will support a SWOT analysis of their institution that will be used to identify and address the five most pressing challenges facing the institution.
- Consider the nature of academic work and how this differs from other businesses/industries
- Examine a model of organisational ethos and categorise their institution
- Develop a list of the five most pressing challenges facing their institution and list them in a hierarchical order of importance
- Develop strategies to address each of these challenges
PROFESSOR CARMEL MCNAUGHT
Professor Carmel is Emeritus Professor of Learning Enhancement at Centre for Learning Enhancement And Research (CLEAR), Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK). She has over 40 years of teaching and research experience in higher education across Australia, Asia, Southern Africa and UK. Her area of research covers chemistry, science education, equity in education, second-language learning, eLearning, higher-education curriculum and policy matters. Carmel is now a higher-education consultant, working globally, in institutional policy, professional development, research support and academic writing.
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at email@example.com if you have any issues registering.