- This event has passed.
Designing Flipped and Blended Learning for Optimal Student Engagement
This workshop will introduce participants to blended and flipped learning, identifying the gaps in current e-learning courses and how to mitigate these gaps using LAMS. This revolutionary tool can help educators to develop, manage and deliver flipped and blended learning activities. Additionally, the participants will be moving toward understanding various learner-centered pedagogical strategies and learning tools that will enhance the learning design. Participants will be provided with ample opportunities for hands-on activities where every participant gets to apply the steps learned in the morning to create an engaging online/blended lesson.
1. Cultivating an Epistemic Adventure of Inquiry;
2. Inspiring Revelatory Questions;
3. Understanding the Mind and Heart with Empathic Listening;
4. Generating an Abundance of Loopy Feedback.
- Describe why educators need to consider a flipped and blended learning approach for their courses to engage their learners of today.
- State the gaps in current e-learning courses and how to mitigate these gaps using learning activity management systems (LAMS) and describe its benefits in managing and designing resources and activities.
- Describe the pedagogical strategies and learning design models and web tools for better student engagement and using them to design a flipped and blended classroom.
- Plan and design student engagement activities using LAMS and other relevant web-tools.
Amutha has 27 years of experiences in higher education. She passionately grew her interest in adult learning and continuously strives to improve pedagogical practices, assessment and learning design through deep reflection and evident-based learning. Her area of expertise in pedagogical training is teaching and learning methods and strategies, curriculum design and development, assessment rubric and evaluation instrument and learning system design.
Hairil has over 11 years of experience in various roles within the learning industry, especially in education management and consultation. Possessing practical knowledge in project management backed with extensive ICT background, also allows him to design and conduct various training & program development, managing stakeholders and client relations including certification testing and designing assessment activities. He is certified in 11 globally recognised professional certifications from various IT organisation such as Microsoft, CompTIA, EC-Council and Axelos. He is also currently serving as a visiting external examiner for his alma mater – University Technology of Petronas.
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at email@example.com if you have any issues registering.