Studies have shown that blended learning approaches, such as the flipped and blended learning yield between 30%-40% increase in engagement, achievement and retention, compared to just face-to-face or online learning alone. When done right, the flipped and blended learning approach encourages active learning where educators are able to design various collaborative, participative and self-directed activities meant to encourage deep learning. In this workshop, participants will learn the rationale, the success factors and the practical know-how of designing an effective blended and flipped learning module using a revolutionary Learning Design Authoring tool called LAMS.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe why Faculty needs to consider a blended/online learning approach for their courses to engage the learners of today.
- List the gaps in current eLearning courses and how to mitigate these gaps using LAMS.
- Explain what is Learning Design and what LAMS can offer to do this effectively.
- Describe and apply the steps to create a LAMS online learning sequence as part of a blended/online learning aspect for their lesson
- Identify the appropriate parts of their lesson to use LAMS from best practice examples.
MOHAMAD RIDWAN OTHMAN
Teaching for more than 10 years at the tertiary and secondary level and possessing more than 19 years of experience in the education, faculty development training, e-learning and educational technology industry, Ridwan is both an educator and learning technologist at heart. He has trained more than 1000 teachers at all levels and professionals from the corporate sector on many aspects of learner-centred pedagogical approaches and on learning technology solutions.
Apart from conducting and implementing various customised programmes for AGILE, Ridwan also spearheads various strategic initiatives in areas of pedagogy, teaching competencies and learning technology innovations, especially focusing on learning analytics, online and blended learning, learning space design and holistic education approaches. With an approach that combines understanding of learning theories and the intricacies of technology tools in education, Ridwan leverages on the affordances of such tools to maximise deep learning and encouraging collaborative, participative and self-directed learning behaviours for the learners
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at email@example.com if you have any issues registering.