- This event has passed.
Academic Integrity: Turn it in or Turn it off?
Do you hate marking plagiarised work? Do you think that students are passive learners with a “copy and paste” habit? Are you happy with your students’ academic integrity, plagiarism awareness, critical thinking and reflective academic writing skills? Would you like to engage students with formative assessment and feedback in a fun and effective manner? This one-day workshop will introduce the fundamentals of pedagogy for assessment and feedback with a thoughtful blend of user-friendly
educational technologies such as Turnitin and GradeMark. You will learn a wide range of skillset from educational theories to practices; research informed teaching and vice-versa; today gap to tomorrow technologies used by Universities in the UK, Australia and Malaysia and how they uphold the academic integrity with effective assessment and feedback praxis.
- Understand the development of academic integrity and rethink assessment and feedback gap across higher educational institutions in Malaysia.
- Study the technology-enhanced assessment and feedback case studies with both students’ and educators’ experiences, institutional policies and pedagogical practices at the international
- Learn Turnitin, GradeMark and related technologies for academic integrity.
- Discuss and reflect the current good practices at the participant’s institution with further enhancement or possible transformation for academic integrity.
- Explore the future trends for academic integrity and technologies for assessment.
Dr Esyin is an interdisciplinary academic in IT and Education who is committed to on-going research and practice of seamless technologies with assessment and feedback analytics. Her key role at the Centre is to build on the University’s existing Excellence in Blended Learning and Academic Integrity. Working closely with academics and supporting staff across the University’s groups, Dr Esyin was the key person in delivering the University’s targets in response to the Welsh funding council’s strategy for technology enhanced learning, teaching and assessment by advising and supporting fellow colleagues across faculties in their curriculum design, development and delivery with the blend of technologies.
*All costs are exclusive of 6% GST.
*Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues registering.